Login
Thanks for the excellent ideas. We're having our first water war in South Africa today all inspired by you!
- Leon Kotze
Protect My Ministry Background Checks Kidology Online Training Kidology Store Kidology on Facebook

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Let's Talk Children's Ministry
 Kidology Forums : Let's Talk Children's Ministry
Subject Topic: Inspired by a Bible Verse? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MinisterJoel
Premium Member
Premium Member
Burrito

Posted: 03 January 2017 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote MinisterJoel

Can anyone think of an illustration where someone inspired by a Bible verse did something that didn't make sense only to have incredible results. Years ago I heard a sermon illustration where a Christian on the front lines of a battle, pondered how to make Christ known. If I remember correctly he started singing, something like Amazing Grace and before he knew it the enemy came out and was singing as well. (Yes, I am aware of the Silent Night story and the cease-fire, this is not the same one) Eventually in the enemy decided to surrender to him as a result of his making Christ known, plus they not really wanting to 'participate' in war. As a kid in a Christian school, I remember the story of Christopher Columbus being reassured that the world was round as he endeavored to head to India, which was against the prevailing knowledge of that time.
Ultimately, I desire to challenge families starting with children to live out the word. I hoped for some factual stories of encouragement.
Back to Top View MinisterJoel's Profile Search for other posts by MinisterJoel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

MinisterJoel
Premium Member
Premium Member
Burrito

Posted: 03 January 2017 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote MinisterJoel

Along those lines...what is your favorite Bible verse and why?

I really like 1 Timothy 4:12 and Hebrews 10:23-25, however...

My current favorite Bible verse, especially for this year and children's ministry, is Luke 1:17. I am drawn to it because it is about John, the one preparing the way for Jesus, which is my/our job. In the spirit and power of Elijah, you remember Elisha prayed for a double portion...i.e. this is possible for others, people beyond Elijah. Then we move to one of the standards in children's ministry, turning the hearts of parents toward children! And that is just the first part of the verse...
Back to Top View MinisterJoel's Profile Search for other posts by MinisterJoel Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

franktan14123
Premium Member
Premium Member
Frank Tan, Kidology Content Coordinator

Posted: 03 January 2017 at 5:19pm | IP Logged Quote franktan14123

Click this link for the stories of five Christians and the Bible verses that changed their lives.

Happy New Year, Joel.

addison joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 10:19am | IP Logged Quote addison joy

My children at church LOVE Isaiah 41:10. We learned it by using Seeds and putting motions to it. A week ago we had tornado warnings and when asked Sunday what helped them get through it, child after child said they sung that verse to their family while they were "camped out" in bathrooms.
Back to Top View addison joy's Profile Search for other posts by addison joy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version