Login
We absolutely love Kidology.org! I recommend it to everyone. Our team and our kids love the ToyBox Tales and the lessons that go along with them. You are most definitely achieving your purpose as well as teaching and inspiring our team to do the same. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU AND YOUR TEAM DO!
-Leslie L. Corey
Protect My Ministry Background Checks Kidology Coaching ToyBox Tales Kidology on Twitter

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Let's Talk Children's Ministry
 Kidology Forums : Let's Talk Children's Ministry
Subject Topic: Death Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
addison joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 25 March 2017 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote addison joy

Tomorrow will be the first time that all of our kids grade 1-5 will meet for worship since 4 members of our church died in a house fire. One was not even 1 and the other child was 9. (Both parents died also.) Many of our children were friends with the 9 year old who attended every Sunday and Wednesday.

I have set up two projects for the kids but need to know how you would handle tomorrow.

One project is bringing school supplies to donate in child's name and the other is a Memory Book where children will write their favorite memory of Lizzie and add pictures.
This will be given to the 2 surviving siblings.
Back to Top View addison joy's Profile Search for other posts by addison joy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dpsowders4
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 27 March 2017 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote dpsowders4

I am so sorry for your church family's loss. I just saw this post this morning. I pray that everything went as well as it could in this situation. I will continue to pray over the situation.

How did Sunday go? for you? for the kids? for the family?
Back to Top View dpsowders4's Profile Search for other posts by dpsowders4 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

So sorry to hear this. Also missed this traveling, how did Sunday go? Will hold you and your church family up in prayer.
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

addison joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 11 April 2017 at 3:02pm | IP Logged Quote addison joy

We had just finished a 5 week series on Heaven, 2 weeks before this happen. I pulled the last week's lesson called :
"Heaven- What will we do there?" and reviewed it. We talked about what she was doing: worshipping, singing, listening, serving, fellowshipping, etc.. We talked about grieving and how they would feel.
This I asked kids things they would remember about her.
(She was always the first to welcome you, She always had a smile, She talked about Jesus a lot to people around her, She was quick to forgive, She always wanted to read the scripture, She worshipped God through singing.). I ask "So....now what?" Then they looked at me with puzzling looks. So I told them Lizzie was now in heaven, so who would do the things she did while alive. They replied with they would need to do it!
I did send home information with parents about what we had done and how to deal with questions at home. It's been 3 weeks now and they are still talking about the good things they remember about her and what they need to do in memory of her. So it ended up being a positive time. Yes, we cried but then someone will say "Remember when Lizzie...... and that brings on smiles and laughter.
Some have even said, "I bet she is welcoming everyone into heaven now!"
Back to Top View addison joy's Profile Search for other posts by addison joy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dpsowders4
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 26 June 2017 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote dpsowders4

I loved reading about how God was able to take a tragedy, your previous lesson planning (that happened at least 7 weeks before the fire), and your students opens hearts to His Glory!!! Our God is awesome. It sounds like you did an amazing job!!!

On another note--Where did you get the lessons on Heaven? I have a boy whose grandfather is not doing well and is not a believer. I would like to give him some encouragement and words to speak to his grandfather.
Back to Top View dpsowders4's Profile Search for other posts by dpsowders4 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version