Login
Great site! Definitely worth the membership fee. It's worth all the money!
-James Babor
Protect My Ministry Background Checks Kidology Online Training Kidology Garage Sale Kidology on Twitter

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Let's Talk Children's Ministry
 Kidology Forums : Let's Talk Children's Ministry
Subject Topic: Disruptions in Class Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nshiver
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 30 March 2017 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote nshiver

I teach a Wednesday night Children's class that is a multi age class, with about 16 kids and we currently have 5 to 11 year olds. For our very small church this is a great class and all the kids work very hard to learn their lessons. However, we had a visitor come with a 4 year old little girl who was very persistent that the little girl join our class, instead of being in the class with the pre-k. We did not want to upset her since they were visitors and we allowed the little girl to come into our class. This was a huge distraction and disruption to our class. The little girl has never been in a classroom setting before and was all over the place.

Do you have any advice or ideas on how we could handle this situation? We don't want to upset the mother, but I also don't want every class to be disrupted.
Back to Top View nshiver's Profile Search for other posts by nshiver Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

addison joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote addison joy

Our policy is that if a child brings a friend that is younger, we have the two attend the class for the younger child. We give the child a few weeks to get use to younger class and then move older child back up. We have found that if we let younger child go to older group, it is very hard to get them to move down. Much easier to move older child up. We do explain to the older child what is going on. We talk about how they are part of our church and helping to serve God.
Back to Top View addison joy's Profile Search for other posts by addison joy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version