Login
Wow I've just been exposed to Kidology and I'm so upset that I didn't find it sooner. It's been such a blessing to my life as a Children's Pastor and its ministered to my personal life so thank you! May God continue to Bless you guys.
-Wendy Urena
Protect My Ministry Background Checks Kidology Online Training ToyBox Tales Kidology on Twitter

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Let's Talk Children's Ministry
 Kidology Forums : Let's Talk Children's Ministry
Subject Topic: Start up children’s Ministry HELP !! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ihairston685@gmail.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 22 February 2017 at 3:23pm | IP Logged Quote ihairston685@gmail.com

Hello, I am a new children's Minister at my church and i have been using Ministry for children for lesson plans. I have not had any training and been winging it for the past 3 years trying to figure out How children's church is supposed to Be. As far as how its supposed to be set up, the number of teachers, check in / check out, how to keep the parent bringing their children. I NEED HELP!!! I AM ALL EARS ON Suggestions !!!!
Back to Top View ihairston685@gmail.com's Profile Search for other posts by ihairston685@gmail.com Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Stan
Premium Member
Premium Member
Kidmin Pro Team Member

Posted: 26 February 2017 at 5:51am | IP Logged Quote Stan

There are several things out there but I would start with three. 1. Is the Kidology Cookbook that walks you through how to set up a Children's Church from start to finish. Second just make the Bible exciting and fun when teaching it. Last no dead time. This means transitions from singing to speaking, game time or whatever you're doing no wasted time or you lose control of the kids. I started off using a DVD player several years ago then moved to media shout on computer but now we use propresenter across the board for preschool children youth and adults. This allows for easy set up and smooth transitions between you segments of worship. that's where I'd begin. Check in and checkout can be done w bracelets, stickers or computer check in. One of the better check in systems is KidCheck. For my experience this works for crowds ranging from 20-150 children. You can run with less volunteers than this but you should always at least have two volunteers and then close to one volunteer for every 10 kids. I hope this helps! Praying for you!
Back to Top View Stan's Profile Search for other posts by Stan Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version